Yesterday - around 1.30pm
Force gale winds and rain that goes sideways
Mission:
Food shopping - situation dire in the pantry
Time Limit: And hour and a half until school pick up
Disclaimer: Everything said here is true... this version is edited due to copious amounts of swearing and hair pulling which might offend some readers ;)
Things I said to MOTH (Man of the House)
- We have a huge problem
- Um... a really big one.
- No! Did you see me eat? This is bigger.
- I kind of.. um.. locked my bag in the boot of the car.
- No. I'm not kidding you.
- Well, you know when you went to the news agency to get lotto.
- I thought I would unload the bags into the boot and save us some time
- Because I didn't want to wait. There was a break in the rain.
- Go check for yourself. I told you...it's well and truly locked.
- I opened the boot, put my bag inside because the ground was sopping wet and SLAM! The wind caught it and almost took my hand off.
- Thanks for your concern. My hand is fine!
- I don't have my keys
- Duh! They're in my handbag... which is inside the boot!!!
- I'm not being factitious. Just stating a fact.
- Um.. your keys are in there too.
- You gave them to me, remember!
- Because I didn't have any pockets to put them in!
- I don't have my phone either.
- Ahh, your phone is in there as well.. you gave it to me with your keys.
- Yes, I know we're screwed
- Yes, yes, I remember putting them both in my bag!
- Yes, I know its a new car. Breaking in won't be easy.
- I already tried all the doors AND the boot twice. Nobodies getting in.
- I'm NOT walking home in this rain.
- No, you can't walk home in this rain either.
- I know we only have a half hour until we have to pick up Riley.
- Yes, you said that already. Screwed is what we are.
- I have an idea. I'll call the RAC (roadside assistance)
- WHAT! You let it lapse?
- Are you insane? Don't you know you have a wife who is always getting into trouble with cars?
- Shhh, there are kids around and my ears are burning.
- Yeah, I agree. Sometimes it's just not worth getting out of bed.
- No, you're too stroppy: I will call the RAC.
- No idea. But I will beg and plead for them to send someone.
- Let's hope it's a guy on the other end. They like to rescue damsels in distress.
- Ok. I got a nice guy called Rob. He's sending a car out.
- Not sure. Probably a half hour.
- You said that already. I wish we could have stayed in bed, too.
- Alls well that ends well. NO! You keep your damn car keys with you! And your phone! I'm never holding them for you again!





Oh man! that stinks!! Why is it that is always becomes our fault when our guys dont put stuff in their own pocket? That can definitely make for a stressful afternoon. Hopefully the RAC didnt charge you an arm and a leg to get your car open. :)
ReplyDeletehehe can you see the funny side of it yet? That'll teach those bloody boys to use us as their own personal handbags! Carry your own damn keys, glasses, wallet, phone.... can you tell I've had this discussion before?
ReplyDeleteEm :)
bugger! at least you were thorough hehehe
ReplyDeleteI can see the funny side of it now ... yesterday, not so much! lol
ReplyDeleteSome men carry so much shit now they need a man bag!!! LOL...I was giggling reading this, but I have to admit if it was me in the situation I would definitely not see the funny side of it and there would be lots of swearing and yelling too!
ReplyDeleteI am surprised that the RAC man didn't ask for proof of car ownership before breaking in...that would have topped it!!! LOL
Hahaha. Too funny! Luckily we have OnStar, so I can call them and they unlock our doors using a satellite. It's a good thing too, I've locked my keys in the car with the babes inside!
ReplyDeleteSorry Cara but this was hilarious! The good news is there was no time for eating throughout the ordeal. We have had to call OnStar a few times too!
ReplyDeleteROFLOL... VERY funny. I am assuming you got everything out alright since you could post about this!
ReplyDeleteOMG ROFL! Great story .... I'm glad you can see the humor in it - NOW!
ReplyDeleteDawn
Good post Cara - really laughed. Couldn't believe as it unfolded and got worse and worse!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
Wow, that sucks. Hope you got to the kiddo on time!!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally see that happening to my husband and me. I carry his stuff all the time. When I was a little girl a locked my Mom's keys in the trunk while we were on vacation and for whatever reason my Dad had flown back home early to do something with my brother - it all came flooding back to me reading this.
ReplyDelete