Have you ever looked at a gravestone? On it you will find the date a person was born - and the date that person died. In between is a dash. This small symbol signifies a persons whole existence. When it comes time for my dash to be chipped in, I want to know I lived a full and wondrous life.

Jul 2, 2010

Look what my son made for me.

Mason - ahhh. My beautiful son. 


I have been talking for months about wanting a planter to grow herbs/tomato plants in. And unbeknown to me, while I was away at work, he's been chipping away making me one. It's gorgeous. I will let the pictures tell the story. 






The last picture is the finished product. Double click on the pic to see it bigger. He painted my name on the front - well, my given name lol not the one I go by, and also painted in butterflies, a smiling bee, a dragonfly, flowers and clouds with a rainbow. It's just beautiful and I'm so happy with it. This morning we went down together and picked out a bunch of herb seedlings. Thyme, basil, chives and a whole lot of other ones plus we planted our small growing tomato trees. Can't wait for them to start germinating. Thank you, honey, it was a beautiful gift. You are so precious to me. 

Hope you all have a great weekend
Seeya soon
Cara xxx

22 comments:

  1. Huh? To the above comment. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's fantastic! You're lucky to have such a talented son!

    And I think that first comment might be spam :) Not that I don't think you provide useful info of course! ha ha

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever son!!! That's one of those 'awwwwww' moments that you will remember forever!!!

    (and Yep - think the comment is spam - it turned up on 2 of my posts today too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I got the same comments - they've discovered our blogs. The planter is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful son, and what a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing gift!!! Beautiful... enjoy it as you see your plants grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is just too sweet! And it's something you will cherish forever. The plants you grow in it will be that more special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is truly a gift from the heart! You will always treasure it! He did a wonderful job; it is just lovely! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great gift..and a talented and thoughtful son..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have an amazing son, that is so sweet and thoughtful!! Enjoy the yummy fresh foods!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it Cara! What a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so nice Cara! He's that great because you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the sweetest thing ever...you're going to treaure that forever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good son! Love it! That will bring you joy for years to come... what a sweet present!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just amazing. What a wonderful gift. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how cute! He is a nice son.

    Ok-the advertisement-i have only gotten Chinese porn advertisement :)

    and two-you said tomato!! I thought it was Winter!! I will be so jealous if you tell me you can grow tomatoes in Winter in Oz.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cara, what a gorgeous, thoughtful and sweet gift. You've raised a great son. Enjoy the fruits of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweetie! It's beautiful and so special.

    ReplyDelete

Best year of my life - 42.3 kilos gone forever