Admittedly, this is a size 22. Most of the stuff I'm selling ranges between 18's and 20's - (it's creased as it just came out of the storage box lol.) - but still, as they say, a picture tells a thousand words and OMG. Just look at all that room. Who would have thought I was ever that big! It's hard to believe now I'm sitting between an Australian 12 and 14 (or a US 8-10.) Fark!!!!
I've always know my kids are industrious. Yesterday I found out just how industrious they can be. Jake went for a walk down to the park with a friend - and came back around a half hour later lugging something enormous on his back. He had hauled home - for more than a half a km - an armchair! His friend was holding two large cushions. I looked at them in disbelief and we spent the next ten minutes haggling over the fact he thought it was just perfect for his room. It's recycling month here at the moment - and the streets are littered with old couches, fridges and just about anything else people don't want cluttering their houses any more. Come Monday, the whole lot is whipped away in a big truck and sent to the tip.
Anyway, Jake got his way. I checked the lounge out and it was in pretty good nick. Here I am trying to sell crap that we don't want any more and my kids are dragging it home! Mama Mia! Mason thought it was such a good bargain (aka... free!!) that he coerced Jake and his friend into showing him where they got it and scored the other one for HIS room (it was part of a three set - two singles and a three seater.) What I was most worried about was what if these people had just cleaned their lounge and put it out in the sun to dry - OR they had it outside with a FOR SALE sign that the boys had missed. Can you imagine how mortifying that would be? You put your lounge outside and these little buggers steal it? But no - after checking it out myself with them leading the way, sure enough there was the lonely three seater on the verge along with other assorted paraphernalia. So the lounges stayed. Looking at the pic, you can see they are in pretty good shape. Excellent in fact.
So Miss Amy W. I seemed to have missed a post. You hit 199 pounds and no song and dance was made of it? Well, what a bummer. I went back into your old posts and found that after all, you weren't that excited for hitting 199? I hear you there lol. I've done it myself. You strive and strive for a goal and when you get there finally it's like.. "Blah.. yeah, so what!" (Can't say I did that about me hitting the 70's kilos wise though - I mean I did a whole Vlog about it lol.) Be proud girl. What a HUGE thing to have happen. I'm super proud for you!!!
I think I'm well and truly due for a little more fill. I've noticed - as mentioned before - that I'm getting hungry again and yesterday? Well, yesterday during a moment of weakness - while at the university campus library - I hit the coffee shop they have on site. I buckled (because it was 11am and I hadn't eaten yet) and bought myself a ham and cheese croissant. I didn't manage to get it down in one go - I had half for lunch then just snacked on it bite by bite through the afternoon, but really, if I was sitting at an optimum restriction, no way should I be able to eat that kind of bread. It was kind of chewy and yet I had zero problems getting it down. Ack! I've noticed other foods that usually I can't get swallow finding their way into my stomach too with no problem, so come April when I see my Doc, he's going to hear about this. Fill 'er up, Jack.
All the family, bar Jake (who needed me here to run him around for sporting commitments) and I have headed for the farm overnight. We had some awful news just recently. MOTH's (Man of the House) uncle in Germany has died and Ranghild, my mother-in-law is flying out for support to his aunt (who is also looking after her mother who is in full dementia.. as well as having to cope with her husband dying ......ack)... and well, MIL is very sad. We only met his uncle once while we were in Europe ourselves many years ago - but he left an indelible impression. He will be missed. RIP Gunter. xx
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Enjoy that spring sunshine.
Cara xxx







Look at that picture!! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteThe boys look like they found some good stuff - at least it wasn't gross.
Have a good weekend with Jake.
Oh, man... I can't wait until I can take photos like that! That's gotta make you feel good! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss...
You always make me smile!
ReplyDeleteawesome! love the pics showing how much you have lost! ;-)
ReplyDeleteYou are looking fab girl!! Those clothes looks like could not possibly have been yours!!
ReplyDeleteThose chairs are definitely a great deal!! They both scored great chairs for FREE!!
So sorry to hear about Moth's Uncle. :(
Awesome pics!! You've come along way!
ReplyDeleteIts amazing how far you've come in a year! That picture does tell the whole story! You look great Cara and always make me smile...hell, you make me lol all the time! Like yesterday, someone posted an after pic (the before was there but you had to click on it and was easily missed) and you said something like "that's great, you should post and after pic know that you lost weight". I lol'd. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThose photo's are great - you really look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteNSV's like these make such good pictures - you have indeed come such a long way!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
LOL...it was an honest mistake because the "before" post was in a link. It was confusing. It was yesterdays post by An Aussie Bandster.
ReplyDeleteIT's ok, I LOL'd too!
ReplyDeleteWow those pictures are great congratulations :) have a nice week end
ReplyDeleteYeehaaaawwwww - awesome pics and great post!
ReplyDeleteGreat NSV photos and those chairs were a great find.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about MOTH's uncle.
Take care.
Amazing Cara!! I've yet to try my old pair of jeans on, but your picture is inspiring me to do so. That must have felt so great!! You look beautiful. xoox
ReplyDeleteThat pic is awesome! I will have a similar one on my 1 year blog on the 30th!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing Cara!! You are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is really phenomenal! What a huge difference. And you have worked so hard to make that happen! Just incredible!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pics! You are incredible! Now I wish I had kept some of the big sized clothes. There must be something still hanging around my closet....So cool to see how much you have lost!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about Gunter. (I know one person here with that name, he is a superstar Austrian hockey player with a sexy accent!)
Wow! the pictures are the coolest. I have a pair of big jeans I have been hanging onto. I will get them out one of these days and do a similar pic.
ReplyDeleteTake any old pic...Maybe with a good bug? or your pool?
My sympathy to you and MOTH over the death of your uncle.
Wow...you look amazing. Sorry to hear about Moth's uncle
ReplyDeleteThe lovely shrinking Cara! That pic is AMAZING as are you! I'm really liking the chair haul too, good job on the boys! Happy day to you!
ReplyDeleteOMG look how far you have come!!! Isnt it great ( and a little sad) to see how big we used to be?? You lok awesome!!!!
ReplyDelete