Have you ever looked at a gravestone? On it you will find the date a person was born - and the date that person died. In between is a dash. This small symbol signifies a persons whole existence. When it comes time for my dash to be chipped in, I want to know I lived a full and wondrous life.

Aug 13, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...

Just a footnote

Here's proof of something: if you whinge and moan and carry on like two bob watch eventually what you wished for comes to you. I HAVE RESTRICTION........WHOOO (found that out the hard way while food shopping and having my usual once a week treat - a chocolate croissant. The bugger got stuck!! OUCH! But alllllll good!)

8 comments:

  1. Here's where the challenge starts! Make sure you conciously chew your food till it's a paste before swallowing and take tiny bites!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara - I keep meaning to mention that I agree with you about re-adjusting your image of yourself as weight comes off. You can never bask in the radiance of self-congratulation for very long before the amnesia sets in. You find yourself looking in the mirror and seeing same old overweight 'me' looking back at you. I remember reaching 50 kg in the (very!) deep and distant past, and feeling slim one day and back to gross the next....
    You must be so proud of how well you're doing!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEE TOO!!! I had my 3rd fill yesterday and I took 3 sips of my Protien shake today and I cant drink anymore right now!!!Thank the lord we have restriction! Now we just have to watch what and how fast we eat things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara - congrats - sorry you had to find out the hard way, but when that happened to me, I was never so glad to get stuck before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to restriction! Now the pounds (ahem! kilos!) are really going to start flying off!! I am so excited for you, Cara. :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope so, Catherine. I feel like I've barely lost any weight in the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dash - so glad you found it! So strange how it happens isn't it?? I need to find it too but I don't want to go back for a fill until I've showed I can lose some weight. I got my first fill and I weighed 228, I'm 222 so maybe 5 more lbs and I'm going to go get another fill. So glad for you can't wait to hear about the pay off in losing more weight!

    ReplyDelete

Best year of my life - 42.3 kilos gone forever