Have you ever looked at a gravestone? On it you will find the date a person was born - and the date that person died. In between is a dash. This small symbol signifies a persons whole existence. When it comes time for my dash to be chipped in, I want to know I lived a full and wondrous life.

Nov 8, 2009

What's the definition of embarrassement?

Well, for me that would be slip-sliding and falling out of my now too-big cossie lol. OOPS!!

Today, being Sunday, I took Riley to the Aqua-Jetty. The Aqua-jetty is great: it's a huge undercover heated pool extravaganza - with lots of separate areas for little bubs and middle-sized kids, a really deep pool for those that are confident swimmers, a whirlpool (with the water pushing you around this large circular area determinedly trying to dunk you like fifty time before you do the circuit) - and a water slide.
When Riley asked if we could go to the pools today I was like...ahhh, crap that would mean me wearing a bathing suit. Usually I'm the one you will find sitting at one of the tables reading the paper while he plays but today I bit the bullet and dragged on my suit in the plan to join him. This would be one of the rare times in like 10 years or more when I would actually get out there and expose myself in a bathing suit in front of anyone who wasn't my family. As luck would have it, I certainly wasn't the biggest person in the pool. It's filled with new mums and dads and kids the only time I felt a stab of disconcertment was when I shed my shorty Roxy kaftan to jump in.

I thought I looked passable in my bathers - these are the same ones I've had forever but I paid a fortune for them years ago and they are still relatively new. So on they went and they fit in all the right places - at least while dry. Wet was another story. Suddenly my ass was hanging out the back (I have no bum! pfft) and the cups were ahh.. a little roomy. Because I was aware of the problem I just putted around, play fighting with Riley in the pools and sitting under the waterfalls. Then comes the cry of ...... "We have to go down the water slide together!!" Oh hell!!

So up we traipse through four lots of stairs.. I go down by myself the first time. I had forgotten just how fast you hurtle down these things. Rocket speed had nothing on me. I came out the other end, arms and legs akimbo and in my mind I was Bo Derek pushing up through the pool water like a sleek seal as I hit the bottom and popped back up. The reality was I burst up, came back down and felt something seriously out of place. Uh huh. My right boob has escaped into the daylight and a teenage boy is staring at me, copping a real eyeful. I squint at him daring him to say something, quickly right myself and here comes Riley a split second later plopping into the water beside me. "That was fun!!" he yells, followed by, "Mum, your face is red. Was that too hard for you?" Pffft... it was so hard, we did the next three times together with him in front of me between my legs, one of my hands holding my nose (so I don't manage to get a jet-like burst of clorinated water jammed up both nostrils), and the other holding my top to my chest so I didn't have a repeat performance of breast baring. I've probably scarred the kid I flashed for life. Fun times.

I am aware I am starting to need a tweak on my fill too. We went out to a BBQ last night at friends and I managed to eat a T-bone steak lol Miss Piggy strikes again. I haven't had steak since being banded but this was so tender it was just fine. The first couple of bites I felt it stick a little and was about to abandon it but taking a smaller bite and chewing more I found it went down just fine. I was the last to finish my meal - not that that is unusual. I've also noticed that I'm getting a little hungrier and that food is going down a little easier. I managed a couple of drinks last night also - but this time didn't get drunk OR fall asleep. Wonder of wonders! Only thing is.. with this new Doc of mine only appearing every few weeks now I'm not booked in until the 30th of November. That's like three weeks away. Sheeeet. I will have to exercise some self-control. And we all know how that turns out!

Hope you guys all had a lovely weekend. I will see you again this week.
Take care
Cara xxxx

15 comments:

  1. I am giggling to myself at my desk, with the mental image of you doing a Bo Derek bares all! You poor thing! I have had that happen to me where both my boobs came out of my top and I was on my hands and knees on a boogie board wave ride...long story, but let's just say VERY embarrassing! Time for a new cozzie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def time for a new cozzie! lol no doubt about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err, what is a cozzie? This post was hilarious and very visual. Sorry for your trouble, but I am sure you've offered entertainment to so many of us by sharing. I'm glad you went and enjoyed the pool!!! Sounds like Riley had a blast too and is a sweet kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe that image won't leave the young boys mind for years to come LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hilarious Ms. Cara, I love the visuals I had while reading your very funny post. A sense of humor is the most important thing, afterall!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara - definitely time for a new suit (cozzie!). It's great you had the confidence to go. It's amazing how crazy those slides are. For some reason I went down one at Disney with Cate - we were underwater at the end. I know some of the views of me going down it must have been very scary, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny Cara. Your story was hilarious, but more than that reminded me why I got the band. When my babes get a bit older I want to be able to do things with them like you can do with Riley. If I had kept on the road I was going there was no way that was going to happen. Glad you two had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed your birthday first of all! You are too much, flashing those young boys. But seriously, I think it is wonderful that you are out living life and doing things that you never would have enjoyed without your band. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought some precious little steaks today, and we will grill them later this week. I just know though that I will probably get stuck with one bite. BUT...my eyes tell me to eat it. We shall see!

    Good for your for swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh how this made me laugh! Bravo on putting on the bathing suit and having such fun. They grow up so fast, wonderful to capture these moments when children are small. I'm enjoying reading back through your earlier posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could totally picture this! So funny, the one boob escaping! We have a similar pool set-up, but its just called "The pool at the Rec Center" - so boring! I like Aqua-jetty much better. And that reminds me, I need to take my kids there, it has been too long. I always try to avoid the slide. And I never whip off my swim skirt - I get the kind made out of swimsuit material, and they stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I would probably still be hiding in the pool. But you just forged ahead and continued playing with your son! Way to go, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The things we do for our kids ha . Positive thought about that...Great NSV !!!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!!!! That sucks! That kid is lucky he didn't see me coming down that slide with my boobs exposed- without "support" they can be a bit freewheeling- he would have been knocked in the face!

    I hope the new cossie fits and flatters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was hilarious Cara!! I will have to post my two most embarrassing moments in a pool on my blog just so you won't feel like you are the only one in this world that shit happens to & live to tell all about it as well!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Best year of my life - 42.3 kilos gone forever