Have you ever looked at a gravestone? On it you will find the date a person was born - and the date that person died. In between is a dash. This small symbol signifies a persons whole existence. When it comes time for my dash to be chipped in, I want to know I lived a full and wondrous life.

Jan 21, 2010

Have you seen a look-a-like?





Afternoon, little rays of sunshine

Well, nothing much happening on the band front for me. I'm STILL stuck on 84.5 kilos which means I will continue to soldier on. On the plus side, I seem to have conquered that vicious hunger that was plaguing me - I am eating small meals still (except for yesterday when I had a bit of a blow-out.. 'nuff said!) and I'm going about 3-4 hours between meals. So that's good! I have my next appt. with Dr Couch on the 1st of Feb and I should be ready for a little more squirt of a fill. Maybe that will kick-start the weight loss again. 


I was walking through the shops a few days ago when I pulled up short (read... had a good gawk)....If I hadn't have known better I swear I just saw Heather from 'Getting back to Skinni Mini' walk by. Same build, same height (from what I have seen from her pics) and except for her hair colour (this girl was blond) she could have been her twin. The second time this happened was when I was standing in the line at the checkout of the supermarket. There was Brooke from 'Lapband Labyrinth'  standing right across from me. I swear it! lol. Same short hair, same brunette colour, almost the same build and her face - doppelganger anyone? This girl was wearing small, wire rimmed glasses though.. but wow! Has anyone else noticed this? I've always been a 'people watcher' and now it's even more fun seeing if I can match faces from my friends on here to people I walk past every day. 


I have been meaning to mention this for ages: the state of my hair. I want to give a huge thumbs up to Nioxin. Anyone who reads my blog knows that about a month ago I was whinging big time about the state of my hair. Well!!.....I have to say that my hair has improved about 150%. Seriously. It's not a frizzy, thinned out mess any more. I have shine, body and bounce (haha - I should be in a shampoo commercial!!) I am stoked that it's coming back to the way it once was. Even MOTH noticed it has thickened up again.  When I went to put it up in a pony-tail the other day, the band only had to go around three times instead of the dreaded 6. Also - the Blackmores 'Hair, Nails and Skin' formula with Biotin I am taking (just went out and got another bottle today) has helped things I'm sure. I have always had pretty good skin (thanks to genetics and early lessons from my mother on how to take care of it) but I have noticed that my skin is more luminous and I am pimple free. I used to get that dreaded one pimple around my mouth or chin every TTOTM, but it just occurred to me that another has been and gone and I don't remember the last time I actually had a nasty pink flare up happen. Good news! My nails have also been growing like crazy. They are so strong, which is fantastic considering I bit my nails up until about five years ago!! So.. all in all, fantastic news. 


I had a funny NSV the other day. We here in Perth have been going through a major heat-wave. Upward of 40+ degrees for about four or five days running. It cooled slightly for a few days after but this week - we are back to the same.. yuck. SO....... I have been practically living in my sarongs around the pool when at home. Only thing is - they are really long now, lol. I have to knot them with a double knot and fold the top over just to keep them up and I am constantly tripping over the hem. Did I shrink in height as well? lol. I think all the extra material that now doesn't have to go around me is compensating by hanging around my feet. We take these NSV's where we can get them! 


I was looking for something to eat for lunch the other day, then remembered this recipe I printed off from one of your girls blogs. I am so sorry, but the life of me I cannot remember who first posted this... so I give them full credit. It's her recipe not mine!! It's a savory pancake mix and is really, really tasty to eat AND filling. I doubled the mixture (I wanted to use all the cottage cheese tub and MOTH was hungry too) and made four small pancakes and only managed one. So.. give this one a try. You won't regret it. 


Easy Cheesy Pancakes


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • A couple of finely diced mushrooms (I threw this in myself: it wasn't in the original)
  • 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons flour (I used wholemeal)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking spray 
Spray a frying pan and sautee the chopped onion, mushroom and garlic. While that's cooking, combine the cottage cheese, egg, flour, and salt/pepper in a small bowl. Mix in the onion and garlic mixture to the bowl and stir 'till well mixed. The actual batter will be quite thick - not like normal batter. Spray a frying pan again and drop in half the mixture - it makes 2 pancakes. Cook on each side about 2-3 mins. Makes 1 serve. 250 calories and 22 grams of protein. 


And there you have it.... couldn't be easier. A tasty quick lunch - or dinner made in around 10 minutes. 


Hope you're all having a great Thursday. I am. MOTH nicked off down south, taking Jake and Riley with him so I only have the two older boys home. I LOVE a quiet house (only 12 days now till the kids go back to school.. whew, it's been a long break!!) 


Seeya 
Cara 
xxxxx


16 comments:

  1. Might have to give that one a try! Thanks! I can use all the help I can get in the cooking department especially after the boy told me last night's spaghetti concoction tasted like arse. Awesome. Hope you're having a great day - I'm loving the cooler weather!

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great NSV to notice that your sarong has gotten longer because it doesn't have to cover up as much on the way to the ground. Woo, woo! I haven't had cottage cheese pancakes since I was a kid visiting a friend's house. I loved them but never had them again. I am definitely going to try your recipe...thank you for a trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, I have seen a few women that I felt looked like other blogger's but since I know that they don't live anywhere near me, I knew it wasn't them!

    Great NSV!! No, I am sure that you haven't gotten shorter! You have just gotten Much Thinner!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara, Thank you so much for the recipe. I am going to make some this weekend. Weekend is only time I cook at breakfast time. I love the sarong story, I cannot believe we will be looking at swimsuits soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post Cara.. it made me smile.. I know what you mean about the double takes. And then you get that stare or glare (you lookin at me??) Ha made me laugh. Great NSV's, when you loose your bum everything gets longer.
    Enjoy that quiet time.. sometimes silence does feel good.. have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Nioxin is working for you! I will have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that happen to! I want to see those bloggers so when I'm out and about I'll see someone who looks like one of us and wonder: is that Catherine, OMG, maybe she's here on a business trip and she forgot I live here! Or, wow that woman looks like Alexis, I wonder.....

    Had to chuckle at your sarong problem :-)

    And I am now convinced: nioxin. I've been using biotin and didn't want to invest in nioxin but I need 6 loop-de-loops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so funny about your sarong, that is happened to me with all my pants, they get longer as my butt gets smaller :-)

    Glad your hair is on the mend too

    Scale will probably move big time for you soon, it has to right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't seen this recipe yet so defintely will give it a try. Thanks to you and whoever originally came up with it for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I see fellow bloggers... But I have noticed that when out to dinner I will look around and see if anyone is ordering or eating like me. I guess we need to come up with a secret nod or something....

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - I "think" the recipe was from Lap Band Gal, but if I am wrong.... that's what I get for thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the sarong is falling off. Jealous you have hot weather, but then I don't like it too hot. We're sitting around zero but spring is just around the corner so looking forward to trying a sarong on my smaller body!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad the Nioxin is working for you and great NSV... they are too long b/c they have less circumference to cover for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep the recipe came from lapband gal. I am noticing the difference with the Blackmores too....my nails are very strong!!! Hoping it stops the dreaded hair fallout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara - I can't say that I've seen anyone, but then again I haven't been looking - now I'll probably see YOU in the grocery store tomorrow! LOL... and thanks for the recipe - sounds DELICIOUS... I love cottage cheese and eggs... can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey!! That WAS ME! Okay, not, but that's hilarious! Guess you just definitely have us WLS bloggers on the brain. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for a Cara here in NYC...

    ReplyDelete

Best year of my life - 42.3 kilos gone forever