Have you ever looked at a gravestone? On it you will find the date a person was born - and the date that person died. In between is a dash. This small symbol signifies a persons whole existence. When it comes time for my dash to be chipped in, I want to know I lived a full and wondrous life.

Oct 21, 2009

Hey Hey Hey.....I hit Onederland!!


I did it! Stoked doesn't even begin to tell you guys how fantastic and exciting this is for me. I jumped on the scales this morning and it read 90.7 kilos (which is only 800 grams if I want to hit 89.9.. but who's counting haha)! This is going to be a major milestone for me. I haven't been in the 80's since.. well, I'm thinking like 15 years. I then quickly did a calculation ...........and it brought me down into Onderland!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOO. I switched my kilos to pounds and there it is, in all it's fuzzy glory.


You think I'm a little excited? You betcha!! Almost 23 kilos lost since the start of Optifast, which leaves me a teeny 300 grams till I hit 50 pounds lost.... listen to me talking in pounds lol, who'da thunk it. I still have to drag out the calculator to do the conversions, but listening to you girls always talk weight loss in pounds is making it a little easier. I also worked out - if I average out the weight lost over the weeks - even with all the fits and starts - it's around 1.1kilos (or 2.4 pounds) lost a week. Not too shabby and I'm more than happy with that.


Anyway I'm outta here. Just wanted to share the good news. Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday and see you soon.
Mwah
Cara

21 comments:

  1. That's one-dur-ful !! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot, Congratulations....I can feel/read how excited you are and I am excited for you....doing the happy dance at my desk for ya! I knew this would be your week! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're weight twins! with matching scale pics! welcome to the one-derful club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, I'm so excited for you! When you did the conversions I realized just how great you're doing and 2.4 lbs a week is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohooo-good work! I love pounds. Just think how long a plateau is when you are waffling around on kilos. I love pounds because i get to loss feedback faster (well in my head anyway!!). Hmm now that I think about it..maybe i should just count ounces....How fast would I lose then?? :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mwah to you, Cara and congratulations. As we Jewish folk say "Mazel Tov" on your tremendous accomplishment-- in pounds, reaching the "Onederland" place is pretty special.

    I am so excited to join you on this journey-- my surgery is set fo 1/4/10-- and now that I am free of breast hell-th stuff, I am raring to go.

    Cheers and lots of excitement and congrats!!!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, you got a present from the scale, and then you gave ME a present by putting the weight loss in pounds! That is so wonderful and you are doing great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! What an amazing thing to wake up and see on the scale! You've come a long way, and your doing great! Bless your heart for having to convert your numbers for us, but it makes it soooo much easier! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessss! Way to go Girl! You did it.

    Do you really have an orange scale? I need one, I love orange.

    That is so awesome, so close to 50. I wonder if there is some sort of conversion widget you could put on your blog for those of us who are kilo challenged?

    Be proud Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phenomenal! But you look so great, I totally had assumed you were already there! Congrats however, that is the biggest accomplishment I seek through this entire process -- and you're there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful day!!

    love the red toenail polish. mine are red, too.

    i use an online kilo/lb converter all the time when i read all you non-lb peoples posts. now if i could just understand "stones."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Cara - Yay Cara! You're in Onderland - Yay Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Cara!! Your hard work is paying off. I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE Cara! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOO-HOOOO!!! Go Cara!

    There once was a girl from down under
    Who took to her band like the thunder
    Her weight did abate
    She looks greater than great
    Now at Onederland - this girl is a wonder!

    YAYYYYYY YOU!!! Congratulations on this momentus victory!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cara - I figured out how to post video. Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't test it on my mac, but I found out that if you have your blogger set to updated editor (under settings/basic) it won't work. You have to set it to old editor. Once you do that and click new post, you'll see an icon for video right next to the photo icon. If you click on it, it should allow you to upload video similarly to how we do photos. Again I can't test it, but thought I'd share the news with you as soon as I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yessssss!!!! Wow, I didn't realize how close to onderland you had been all this time.

    So excited for you. Actually, thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your encouraging words, Cara. If you can do it - and you are - then I can too! I'm meeting w the surgeon on Friday, day after tomorrow, and will hopefully have a date scheduled soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cara - I'm so excited for you!! My band buddy what a big milestone. Good thing you're going into summer, you can get a sexy new swimsuit (or cossie-did I spell that right?).

    xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hehe everytime I see "oneder" I think of the movie "That Thing You Do". Anyhoo, congrats!

    And always around for advice if you need it. My email address is emma. fiorentino @ aapt.net. au (remove spaces).

    Em

    ReplyDelete

Best year of my life - 42.3 kilos gone forever