Hi girls. Well, I finally managed to get this Vlog onto my blog. I won't bore you with the dramas and mishaps I had getting here lol but believe me when I say, it's amazing I'm not bald!
I was asked a couple of questions from my last post. Gen, when I said a "pair of scales" it should read SET - only one set of scales. It's one of those bad English anomalies us Australians have picked up, lol sorry for the confusion. And Jenny - Amy's advice about the crackers was, at this late stage of the game with the amount of fill I have, probably best not to have them. They just don't wont to go down. :) That said: we can damn well try!




Cara, great to finally put a voice to the face....great vlog! Hope you do it more often, I might do one when I reach my first goal (only .5 kilo to go)! xx
ReplyDeleteI borrowed someone else's computer so I could look at vlogs and see/make comments. You sound JUST like I thought you would! And I love your voice.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you've gotten into the 80's!!! YEA!!!!
Yeah! I'm so glad you worked out how to post the vlog! It's so great to hear your voice. I'm so excited for you, hitting three goals in one week. So great and so inspiring! Thanks for the note on the crackers, I'm finding that as well. No more crackers with tuna for me. ;-)
ReplyDeleteCara- Yea for the 80's! I'm so glad you hit that sweet spot. It was fun to hear your voice - I hope you do it more. I think I'll try it if I hit my Thanksgiving goal.
ReplyDeletexoxo Linda
Congrats on hitting all those goals! As a future bandster, your words were encouraging and made all the better by your accent!
ReplyDeleteI'm in a room with dh and ds so I cannot listen right now-- it would interfere with TV! But I will look forward to watching your vlog.
ReplyDeleteVanessa
OMG :) You are beautiful! Great Vlog.. you are such a support to everyone, thank you for that.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the goals!!!!
It was great to hear your voice, it's so lovely! Thanks for the encouraging words, and congratulations on reaching 3 of your goals!
ReplyDeleteSo good to really "meet" you. It was so nice, so from the heart, and are so very happy. From one of you "baby bandsters" thanks for all the support you give each day and for the experiences that you share. I am very happy for you. There is no stopping you now.
ReplyDeleteAhh, love the voice!! :) Congrats on all the goals met so far... only the best to come! :)
ReplyDeleteSweet Cara, you are so lovely, as I knew you would be. It was wonderful to 'hear' you and you had such great things to say. I'm so glad you vlogged, and Congrats on reaching the 80's!
ReplyDeletecongrats on making your 80's goal. love your aussie voice.
ReplyDeleteyour thoughts and words of wisdom come at a great time. i'm stuck in that bandster hell for another week. first fill come on!
Love love love your vlog - it was so nice to see you again!!!
ReplyDeleteHugest congratulations on getting into the 80's - you are doing so amazing and all the hard work YOU have been doing is certainly paying off!!!!!
waaaaa....for some reason it will not play for me! But I will not give up bc I can't wait to finally hear you. I always imagine you speaking "American", so it will be fun to hear your accent. DAMN THIS THING!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to hear your voice - congrats on the 80's. That is a dream for me that I won't see now for at least another year sob sob hehehe it is all good though!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Cara,
ReplyDeleteI finally finished reading your entire blog! I am so proud of you! Already down 50lbs! My Surgeon said that I should expect 1-2 lbs loss per week. You did better than that! You are my hero, and I am hoping to lose a bit more than they predict as well. As for the Vlog, I too, like Amy, haven't been able to get it to play for me, but I will keep trying! Congratulations!!
Hey Cara, I just wanted to say that I gave it one more try, & it worked this time! I must say that you sounded exactly like I expected you would. I on the other hand, don't sound like people expect me to at all. But, I wanted to say thanks for all the advise you have given me along the way, I am sure I will need all you can give me after my banding. My banding is to be in 24 days now!! Yea!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Cara,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the numbers and hitting those goals! love the posts.
Reggie xxxx
Loved this, so great to see you! Wish we could just get together for lunch somehow! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely. Congrats on all of your new successes, you are "brilliant" as you might say yourself!
I connected to you through another blog that you like and you are doing great things by posting your successes here.
ReplyDeleteHey Cara! I loved hearing you on your vlog - I tried to do it the other day and couldn't figure out how to post it. You look so beautiful and you are just as encouraging 'in person' as you are in your comments to everyone! Thanks for sharing how much you are able to eat - that helps me and helped me in the past understand how much my band should be filled. Isn't it wonderful to not 'think' about food all the time? I also don't get shaky or head-achey like I used to. that's a wonderful freedom! Anyway - great job on the accomplishment of your goal - looking forward to more vlogs!
ReplyDeleteRhonda
Great Cara - not just the girls looking and listening.
ReplyDeleteYou are glowing!!! You look and sound so happy. Listening to you gives me hope that this will work for me and I can get to the green zone one day!! Thank you
ReplyDeleteGreat first Vlog.....love your Aussie accent! Makes me want to come "down under" even more! Great work!
ReplyDeleteSarah
You were just as I thought you would be! What a good idea it is. I'd better pluck up courage some time and do the same... And well done on the fabulous weight loss!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
It was so great to finally see and hear you, Cara! You really look so pretty, and I love your blue top with your blue eyes! Like everyone else, I'm a big fan of your accent as well!
ReplyDeleteAnd, even more than all of that, I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts. You are in it to win it, my friend. I have so many of these feelings about my band as well, and I fully believe that the way you have embraced Portia is a big contributor to all of your success -- both to date and in the future!
Congratulations also on getting the vlog to work! It's not always easy! :)
Catherine
WOW! I have to go back and read the other comments but I just wanted to get this down while the video is still fresh in my mind. You hit on so many salient points and I found your vlog really touching, particularly the part about having a renewed interest in things around us. Plus of course I love the Aussie accent and that breeze in the background! Did I hear water/dogs in the background too?
ReplyDeletehahahahah...I love you! I loved how either the fan or the breeze was blowing the hanging picture...and you are sitting in front of bamboo or something that makes it seem like you are in a beach cottage.
ReplyDeleteYou now hold the record for the longest blog in bandland. I record on my little kodak camera, so I try to speed through it. You do a much better job and I am so glad you vlogged and that I could finally watch it!
You could be a public speaker. Wonderful job and congrats on the weight loss. TO hear you speak about restriction makes me glad I am going in for a fill today.
Your vlog was so brilliant and caring. Thank you and I am so happy for you .... I love the encouragement that you are offering as well.
ReplyDeleteWell done, my dearest friend - you are looking terrific and have a sparkle about you that probably good healthy eating and a new confidence can achieve. Well done and congrats!
ReplyDeleteLuv ya! Mel (Snat SA)
Lol, Why am I anonymous???
ReplyDeleteThat last anonymous message was from Snat - (lol)I tried to change it? No go.. Looking great, hon!
ReplyDelete