I pinched this from Tina's blog. It's a Sunday, I'm a little bored so I thought I might follow her lead and do this too.
1. What time did you get up this morning? Sunday for me, so it was about 8.30 am. My Mother in Law was shooting off home after staying a few days.
2. How do you like your steak? When I could eat steak - medium rare.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? For the life of me I cannot remember. And it was only a month ago. Can't have been that good lol.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Survivor - no matter which one.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere exotic - maybe the Greek Isles.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Smoked salmon, lite cream cheese and a poached egg.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Chicken pasta, chicken schnitzel, chicken anything! I don't mind Italian either.
8. What foods do you dislike? Corn - can't stand the smell, taste or texture. Not keen on cottage cheese either - though I don't mind it in a recipe.
9. Favorite place to eat? I love to eat at cafe's. Simple clean foods are what I love most.
10. Favorite dressing? Balsamic
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Ford Falcon X-pack sedan - electric blue
12. What are your favorite clothes? Summer - Little tops with spaghetti straps, skirts, sarongs, Maxi dresses - Winter - great fitting pair of jeans, my new discovery (aka the pics I posted, though these are great for summer, too) My Escarda Jacket and boots!
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Everywhere!! I can't wait to start traveling properly.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Depends on the day.
15. Where would you want to retire? Good question. I often think of Bali. Live cheap, great housing for Westerners, sun, sea and fun. What more could you ask for?
16. Favorite time of day? In the morning - early - before the kids wake up and the rush is on. The air is cool and crisp.
17. Where were you born? Fremantle, Western Australia
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Not much of a TV sport watcher - at a pinch, maybe the Olympics.
19. Bird watcher? Only when making sure Garfield doesn't help himself to one.
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning.
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I pretty much spill everything on here. Only a little over a week before I start my course. Things should start to take off from there. Oh, and we've started scouring for places to settle again. Busselton, down south, is looking good.
22. What did you want to be when you were little? Not what, who. Had a girl crush on Brooke Shields. My Barbie doll was called Brooke, my cat was called Brooke, my favorite book? The Town by the Brook. Catching a theme here? I also wanted to be a writer.
23. What is your best childhood memory? Living in Denmark - south of Perth. Gorgeous place. And when my folks saved a couple of horses from the glue factory. It was the start of my love affair with everything to do with them. We lived up north at that time - I was 11. Heat, dust, flies.. but it was awesome. Learned to ride, did gymkhana, won tons of ribbons and trophies and then moved back to the city where it all changed. No more horses.
24. Are you a cat or dog person? 100 percent cat lover!
25. Are you married? Yes. Once. Coming up to 21 years next month.
26. Always wear your seat belt? Always! We have stiff laws here in Australia if caught without one. But I was taught early to wear one - and I don't know anyone here who doesn't.
27. Been in a car accident? All when younger. Had one when I bunked off TAFE for the morning (the one and only time I ever skipped school.. I was 17 and I got caught. Figures.) Old lady driving a hatchback ran a red light at an intersection - my friend was driving .. four of us in the car and we had a T-bar. Other time was when I was 15 - inexperienced friends sister behind the wheel on a wide gravel road when we lived in Denmark. We rolled, and rolled, and rolled....... worst that happened were some bumps and scratches and my friends brother broke his ankle. A couple of little fender benders when I was first learning. But nothing in 20+ years now. Knock on wood!!
28. Any pet peeves? Just little stuff. Nothing important. Oh, just thought of one. People who say looser when they mean loser and reverse. Don't know why but it grates on me.
29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Never really been into pizza.. but I once had a smoked salmon, caper and onion one. That was quite nice.
30. Favorite Flower? Gerbaras. Love them!
31. Favorite ice cream? Not a big ice cream lover either. But don't mind Baskin and Robbins Butterscotch.
32. Favorite fast food restaurant? Nick's Place - chicken and salad toasted kebab.
33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None. Got the written test first time, same with the practical driving test.
34. From whom did you get your last email? Mel in South Africa.
35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Don't have a credit card.
36. Do anything spontaneous lately? I wish.
37. Broccoli? I like it crunchy in a stir fry.
38. What was your favorite vacation? Wish I could say we holiday all the time, but alas. Apart from the trip to Tassie, which was wet yet good fun... I would have to say the family holiday in Denmark a few years ago. Met up with my some old school friends down there, which was unreal. We (the family) rented a double story house.. went to the beach a lot, fished, long walks at sunset, fish and chips under the evening stars.. all good stuff. We just hung but it was great.
39. Last person you went out to dinner with? MOTH (Man of the House)
40. What are you listening to right now? The TV blaring in the room across the hall
41. What is your favorite color? Purple - strong and sexy.
42. How many tattoos do you have? No tattoos
43. Coffee drinker? God yes.. love the stuff. Love Gloria Jean or Jamaica Blue skinny cappuccino or just a plain old flat white from home.
Before I go - "Work in Progress," Hi there :) Do you have a blog up and running yet? (I'm guessing this is the title.. maybe?) but I had a search and I couldn't find it.. Let me know so I can follow you, too. I'd like to support you as another Aussie mum about to be banded.
Hope you had great Sunday!! See you sometime this week.
Cara xx
The beginning of fatherhood
11 months ago




Love this, Cara! So fun to read about it and learn a little about you and life in Australia. I met a lovely woman last year who had moved here from Sydney. Poor girl could. not. believe. how cold New England is in the winter. They ended up moving back to Bondi Beach; she was thrilled!
ReplyDeleteCara! I love Survivor, too! It has been my favorite show forever. I hate how long we have to go without it between seasons, tho! Enjoyed learning more about you. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Another Survivor junkie!!!! I have not missed an episode of that since it started! And the new one coming up has some if my faves! When you travel to the Greek Isles, can I come with?? Lived this survey and learning more about you!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Survivor too!!! THis was fun to read. Love you Dashy!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading those questionaires. Thanks for posting it. I'm so excited for your classes to start. You are going to make a great nurse, you're personality is ideal for it. Have Amy W. do your Meyers-Briggs, I bet you come up with nurse as what you'd be really good at.
ReplyDeleteHi - hadn't really been planning on doing a blog (I'm new to this whole world!!).
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll have to think on it - really enjoying reading everyone else's though :-)
Thanks sweet girl for the lovely look into the Dash! It was very informative!
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm.... so I bit the bullet and created a blog - here it it http://shesaworkinprogress-workinprogress.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWell, this was fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHey there. Seeing as you're looking for foods with extra cals and your previous love of steak, thought I'd let you know that my boy has found he can actually eat steak as long as its cooked rare or med rare. Makes me want to vomit but he gets it down no probs.
ReplyDeleteHope you're well!
Em
Cara~ Hi there sugar. I love reading about your life like this! I did this on my blog just now and added a few extra questions to bring the number to a even 50. Hope you have a great Monday. HUGS
ReplyDeleteNo credit card...amazing!!! LOL
ReplyDelete